Food Services and Premises
Only Halal food based products are allowed in food services and premises.
Devices and utensils used during services and sale of the products should be used for halal food only.
The manufacturer who products and desires to convert the line to halal line, that particular line must be washed and processed according to Islamic Law before starting halal productions.
Manufacturing process of consumer products and service
All processed food is halal if it meets the following requirements:
- The product or its ingredients do not contain any Haram components according to Islamic Law.
- The product does not contain anything in any quantity that is decreed as filth by Islamic Law.
- The product or its ingredients are safe and not harmful.
- The product is prepared, processed or manufactured using equipment and facilities that are free from contamination of Haram components.
- During preparation, processing, packaging, storage or transportation, the product must be physically separated from any other food that does not meet the requirements (specified in no. 1,2,3 and 4) or any things that are decreed as Haram by Islamic Law.
- During preparation, processing, packaging, storage or transportation, the product must be separated from any components that are Haram or filth although they have not been in contact with the food directly (carriers, dispersing agents or processing aid agents).
Machine, Utensils, Devices and Processing Aids
Devices, utensils, machines and processing aids used for processing food should not be made or contain any material that is Haram and it must be used for Halal food only.
In case of converting processing line containing filth into halal production line:
- The line must be washed and cleansed as required by Islamic Law. (This item must be specific and must list all details such as quantity, types of water and characteristic of filth to be removed, and this procedure shall be supervised and verified by JHF).
- The line must be operated for Halal food only.
- Repetition in converting the line to Haram line and back to Halal line shall not be permitted.
*Oils or any material that used to maintain machines that have been in contact with food directly shouldn’t be made from Haram materials.
Storage, display, service and transportation
All Halal food that are stored, displayed, sold or served shall be categorized and labeled Halal and separated at every stage in order to prevent them from being mixed or contaminated with things that are Haram.
Transportation shall meet the product condition such as the product required for refrigerated in all step, it shall be implemented requirements of cool keeping procedure, and vehicle also are in compliance with hygiene and sanitary requirements.
Hygiene and sanitation
Hygiene and sanitation are prerequisite in the preparation of halal food. It includes personal hygiene, clothing, equipment and the working premises and processing or manufacture of food.
Halal food should be prepared, processed, packaged, transported, and stored in such manner that are in compliance to hygiene and sanitary requirement in Islamic Law.
Presentation to the market
All halal food that are stored, displayed, sold or served shall be categorized and labeled halal so as to prevent them from being mixed or contaminated with things are Haram.
Muslim friendly certificate holders are required to label their halal food served. The label must be clear and the holders must provide such information to consumers when asked.